Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Heir- Kiera Cass

 
 
 
 
I enjoyed the first series even though it was predictable. When I saw that this book was happening, I wasn't sure what to think. Usually, authors have a hard time knowing when they need to let a good thing alone.
 
I will say that I picked "the one" right away. It is predictable again. The only thing is that this time we have a girl in control of the selection. I kind of understand why her parents force her into it but don't. They hated it and it's one of the things they worked to get rid of. Yet, here they are forcing their own daughter. I know, I know. They want to take people's mind off the troubles and keep them calm. Well I find it hard to believe this was the only way. I also understand, that's how she gets to write more books.
 
I had a hard time liking Eadlyn. She is just so whiny and self centered. It's hard to connect with that type of character. Especially, when you just want to roll your eyes. She's the absolute spoiled princess stereotype. I think towards the end she starts to realize this and she becomes a bit more enjoyable. Maybe this whole selection process will change her into a nicer, caring person.
 
I think the parts I enjoyed the most were the parts about her parents. Throwback was more interesting than present!
 
Overall, this book was just okay. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. The cover is absolutely gorgeous for sure. I'm interested enough to see what happens, that I will continue to read the rest of this series. I just don't know what hurry I will be in.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment