Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Among the Ten Thousand Things by Julia Pierpont



 
 
 
I want to thank Netgalley and Random House Publishing Group for a copy of this book to review. My thoughts and my opinions are my own.

This book had so much promise and started out with a bang then it fell apart.
Deb’s kids receive a box, intended for her, from Jack’s girl on the side. Kay is trying to hide it from her mom but once her brother sees it, he shows Deb immediately. So this is a story about Jack’s affair and the fallout from it. The author breaks it up into four different parts. After I read the first part, I was completely hooked. It was just so good and I wanted to know more. Then I was completely bored and looking for some kind of resolution throughout the rest of the book.

It’s written really well. The author really does have some talent but her story just didn’t flow. It got boring and dull. What on earth was the point of hearing about Jack’s visit to his mother? It took away from the story. If you like to read books where you are so interested and then get absolutely no resolution, this is it. This book just tells the story of what happens after the fallout and that is it. You don’t get to wrap anything up. The characters are just selfish and so lost. To me all of them were so unlikable. Jack just wanted to pretend like this was a thing that happened and it was no big deal. Really, lame. Deb is just lost and I don’t know what she was thinking about spending so much time with Gary. If it wasn’t for Kay interrupting, you know what would have happened. I get she’s upset and all but come on!
I don’t understand all the good reviews and that it was funny. I must have missed something because I didn’t think it was funny at all. I didn’t think this was a complete story, I felt like something was missing. A very unsatisfactory middle and ending to this book.

I was hoping for so much more and maybe that is why I was disappointed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment