Friday, February 5, 2016

Review: Diverging Cadence by Katie Hamstead @Katie_Hamstead @YABoundBookTours




    Like I mentioned in the review of the first book, I'm going to be so random and all over the place with these reviews. I just cannot even handle all the thoughts running through my head. This story is so original. 

    This book was everything. I'm not even kidding. I feel the pace was a bit faster and I know that some people were upset because she was back and forth so many times but really, what would you do? She's completely in love with BOTH men. How is that a choice to be taken lightly? I absolutely believe that there is more than just one person that can make you unbelievably happy and we get to see it here. 

    We start when she's landing at her college that's across the country from everyone she knows and loves. I commend that she made the choice to take the hard road and actually continue on the path because it was the whole point of the second chance. We get to see how tough and strenuous the long distance relationship is for her and James. The whole time, she knows she's going to eventually meet Austin but she just can't let James go. I don't blame her, he's amazing. We had a whole book (first one) to fall completely in love with James. In this second book, we get to do the same with Austin. I admit, it's not as much as a whole book but at least we get a sense of why she loved him so much. We then go through the agonizing events that lead up to her choice. I wont lie, I was so tempted to just look up the ending and see who she would choose. I had no idea and I really couldn't stand the heartbreak of either guy. 

     This book is a lot more fast paced and we get a lot more character development from everyone. I mean it takes talent to be able to keep tabs on so many supporting characters in a natural and unforced way. I will admit that the ending of this book was wrapped up rather quickly. I was half way through this book wondering how she was going to get through the rest of this story, so quickly. 
The last 1/3 of the book, I was a mess. This book tore my heart open and had it spilling all over my face (tears). The twists and turns of this story are fabulous and I promise you will not be disappointed. Hamstead did a marvelous job with these characters and the way you just feel everything they are going through. Cadence is a tough cookie because I honestly don't know what I could have done. The way these characters grow and develop in this book is just amazing. I honestly have not read a book/duology this good in quite a while. 

   In recap, great duology and I highly, highly recommend it. Make sure you have both books on hand because you will not want to stop. You will need to know what happens. You will also give your husband and loved ones extra hugs and cuddles. It really makes you appreciate what you have. Tomorrow is never promised, so always remember to treat every day like it is your last. I will definitely be reading the next thing Katie Hamstead comes out with!

I would like to thank Katie Hamstead and YA Bound Book Tours for providing copies of these ebooks for review. Receiving them free, has not influenced my thoughts and opinions, they are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment