Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Princess of Tyrone by @Katie_Hastead

 
 
 
 
 
 
I want to thank Katie Hamstead for providing me with a copy of this ebook to read and review. These are my own thoughts and opinions. Now, lets get to the book...
 
First, I want to point out that I love the cover! I didn't really get to see it when I got my ebook, so I was surprised when I went to add it to my goodreads account. Love it. I'm a huge Disney princess fan and have always been one. My favorite is The Little Mermaid but I love them all. I'm not saying this is Disney or princess-y but just stating my love for them and the fairytales. When I read the description of this book, it sounded like something right up my alley. It's loosely based on the story about Sleeping Beauty. I love retellings of fairytales.
 
The writing in this book is fantastic! I started this book and it immediately sucked me in. I'm not kidding. I could not put it down and I spent half the day reading this book. I had to know how it ended. I love how Apolline is on a different planet and we get to see how she grew. She becomes a strong, independent, funny women and it made it so easy for us to root for her. I like that we go her whole story and how she meets Allard. I really loved Apolline and Allard. As soon as, she meets him, I was so excited! You fall completely in love with them from the beginning. Especially, knowing who they are to each other when they do not. Hamstead does a wonderful job making sure this isn't just a "love at first sight" romance. You get to see them fall in love and not in just two seconds. That is SO refreshing to me and just so much more realistic. It's a journey and it was so sweet. They both know they are betrothed to someone else and fight their attraction so much. The secondary characters are also fantastic. I love Charlie and how protective he is of Apolline. The relationship between Apolline and the fairies was also a lot of fun. Even Beau and Nathanial are great and they only have a small part in this book. The characters are all what you want from any good book. They will not disappoint. I can't wait to see more about them later. :)
 
I love how Hamstead wrapped up the ending. All these little pieces throughout the book that you don't think mean much, make a huge impact in the end to save Apolline.
Even though this is a retelling, Hamstead does a wonderful job making it her own and added plenty of plot twists. It's full of action and flows really well. Her new world kind of reminded me of the Marissa Meyer, Lunar Chronicles series, which I adored.
 
If you like fairytales and want a fresh new take, this is definitely a must read for you! I really enjoyed this and I cannot wait to read the rest of the books in this series! Thank you so much for letting me read this to review!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment