Friday, October 11, 2013

The Longest Ride- Nicholas Sparks

It's been a long time since I've read a Sparks book. Mostly, because I have to be in a certain mood since they are usually heart wrenchingly sad.  I got through this in one day though. It was pretty good but by far not my favorite, which is The Last Song.
   Although, I haven't read a lot of his latest and greatest because I've been on hiatus from his sad books. I really liked how he had two different stories, Ira & Ruth and Luke & Sophia. It was a love of past and a love that was just staring out. My favorite story was definitely Ira and Ruth's. I just loved how he had so much detail about their life together with the good and the bad. Not only that, you could just feel the love they had for each other. It was just an amazing story that really wasn't a fairy tale type of love. It was real. I wasn't sure how he was going to intertwine the two stories because they were just so different. I had a feeling of what was going to happen in the end but I didn't know how it was going to get there. I loved how he did it. It was completely fitting for the love that Ira & Ruth had. I get it, Ira. I really do. The story of Luke and Sophia wasn't that great. It was pretty predictable at times and sometimes a bit boring. I don't know why. I just wasn't feeling their story as much as I was the other.
   Overall, it's not my favorite but it's definitely worth the read. Like most of his books, there will be some sort of tears involved. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment