Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Outlander by @Diana_Gabaldon

10964
 
 
 
 
I totally watched the show before reading the books. I had started it and tried to get through it and made it about 50 pages. I think that the book being so big just made it a daunting task.
We are at the end of season 2 in the show now and I had to know what is happening next. Obviously, I can't just skip books, so I decided to really plunge into it.
 
I'm so glad that I did. The books are always better than the movies/tv! I really got much more from this than the show was giving me, big surprise.
 
I LOVE Jamie and Claire in the show, they were
cast perfectly. Their characters are amazing. I love how they compliment each other but at the same time are so different. The both can stand on their own but will do anything for each other. Claire is a bad ass. She really is. Not only does her medical training in the "future" really help her out now, she really does know how to take care of herself. It's one of the things that I really like about her, she's no damsel in distress and her sharp tongue can be quite amusing at times.
 
I know that some people thing this is just a book about sex, but that's not true. Yeah, there's some in here but you can always skip ahead. I mean, there is so much detail about history that you know Gabaldon really did her research. There's so much to Jamie and Claire's relationship than just sex. I love the time travel aspect too. Seeing how she tries to fit in a different world is a majority of this book.
 
I love that I watched the show first because I know how to pronounce EVERYTHING! Haha! I also like having faces to names. If you don't want to read the book, you really don't have to. I just think you get a little more to the story. The tv show does a great job pulling out a lot of these books! I really like the tv show and I highly recommend it.
 


 


 


 

 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment