Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Ten Facts about Me


Ten Facts About Us (bookish or just general about you facts or ten facts about you as a blogger...whatever you want.)
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by,The Broke and the Bookishfeaturing a different top 10 theme each week.

Facts about me:

1. I am obsessed with Disney but mostly The Little Mermaid. 
-This has been since I was a child. My parents said they had to replace the VHS (lol) three times because it would play non-stop. I love everything about it. It might be why I'm obsessed with Aquariums and all that. I do hate being in the beach though, I only like the fish when they can't bite me! haha :) If I can't see my feet, I'm not going in. 

2. My favorite color is purple
-Funny fact that goes with this.. my husbands favorite color is also purple :)

3. I am very creative and crafty. I make a lot of my gifts and not to brag, but they are pretty awesome! I'm more crafty than artsy. I'm not a painter but I love working with paints. I also make my own cards. I also refurbish furniture and do all kinds of things! I love anything and everything craft related. For example, I was so excited that the Michael's store, just came out with a rewards card. FINALLY! Now, only Joann's needs one! haha. 

 I usually post some of them on my other blog: craftsbeautyandreviews.blogspot.com 

4. I am originally from San Antonio, Texas. Some of my sports followings are Texas teams. Go Spurs and Hook 'em Horns! I live in Cincinnati, Ohio now and love it here. Go Reds and Go Bengals! 

5. I'm a tad OCD when it comes to things being clean and orderly. This applies to my books too, they have to be in great shape. I won't lie, I cringe when someone has borrowed a book and they have folded pages or bent my spine. 

6. I work at a Library but I got my degree in Psychology. It sometimes comes in handy though ;-) I kind of went to college because everyone was doing it. I never really knew what I wanted to do. I took a Psych class my freshman year and fell in love. I love everything about it. I got through my bachelor's degree and the master's program that I wanted to do doubled in price. I couldn't justify the amount of money I would have to take out to be a guidance counselor. So, I worked at Kohl's for a few years and then moved to Cincinnati three years ago, for my husbands job. The library was hiring, I found it the last day it was posted and the rest is history. I don't know that I would go back to get my MLS though. 

7. I prefer a physical book over an ebook. I've got a good amount of books on my ereader and use the Library's overdrive service a lot. I just can't completely cut out physical books. There's just something about it and I always have to come back. It just feels like home in my hands! 

8. I love make-up and don't wear it everyday. About a year ago, I got into makeup. I got an IPSY glam bag subscription and it's what started it. I literally had like 4 items before that. Now, I have a vanity, a 8 cube storage shelf and tons of makeup to fill it. I have to have it all but I only wear it on my days off work and when I go out. When I stay at home or run errands, I hardly wear it. I love it though. I do a ton of reviews on items on my blog too. It's the same blog as my crafts, see #3. 

9. I am the queen of thriftiness. I can find a sale anywhere and always have a coupon. I am patient when I want new things and usually wait for them to go on clearance. If it's not there, it wasn't meant to be. I seriously, do not buy things, unless they are on a super sale or on clearance. Same goes with make-up because that stuff is not cheap! Maybe, I should start blogging about my deals and finds. 

10. I am half Mexican. My mom is from Mexico and I used to be fluent in Spanish. Then I moved to Ohio like 16 years ago and lost it. If you don't use it, you truly will lose it. I'm good at understanding most and can help out those who come into the library and need some help communicating. I am horrible at speaking it. I keep saying that I need to re-learn. I hope it's like riding a bike! 

This is so fun! I can't wait to read about everyone's top ten!!


4 comments:

  1. Great fact list, Leslie! :D I'm also from Ohio, couple hours north from Cincinnati. I know what you mean about physical books VS ebooks! Ereaders are so dang convenient and save a ton of space, but you just can't beat the feel and even the smell of real pages. :) Very cool that you're half Mexican, by the way! I'm currently attempting to learn some Spanish, but still very new to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Where at in the north? I lived in Mansfield, Ohio until 3 years ago. Anywhere close to that?

      Yay! Learning a new language is not easy. I attempted German in college and I didn't last two weeks, haha. Good luck!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
    2. Little further up - in the Cleveland area!

      It sure isn't! Spanish hasn't been too terribly difficult for me so far, but I'll be starting into Spanish II pretty soon, so we'll see how that goes lol.. Eek, I'd imagine German to be a tough one. Just for pronunciation alone! Thank you!

      No problem! :) I'm horrible at commenting often lol. I need to stop by more often.

      Delete
    3. I know Cleveland! :)

      I think that Spanish is one of the easier ones but that's just me! German was a nightmare. I had the same professor for that and a Greek literature class in college. It was awkward when I dropped German. Haha!

      Delete