Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Review: Blue Lily, Lily Blue- Maggie Stiefvater

17378508
 


I want to thank Netgalley and the Publisher for providing me with a copy of this book. This book took me 4 months to read! Not because it was bad or I didn't enjoy it. I received this book right before we purchased our first home! With packing, moving, unpacking and hitting the Holidays, I had no time to read. With that being said, I really enjoyed this book!

   I actually skipped the second book because I got so tired of waiting for it at the library. I have to say that it wasn't too damaging not to read it. I got along with the storyline just fine and they were pretty good and getting me up to date. I really love Blue's character. She's so full of life and strong willed but yet you get the sense that she can be fragile. You really get so much more of her character in this book. I loved it. She's such a badass but at the same time very caring.

I loved the way all the characters really grew in this book. The author does a great job of separating them but keeping the storyline together, at the same time. Adam really grows a lot and learns a lot about himself in this book. He comes into his own and it's refreshing. All the snubbing of help was getting a little irritating. Not everyone thinks it's charity when they are trying to help or be a friend! Yay, he finally got that at the end of this one.

There's a lot of serious, complicated things going on in this book. Although, Stiefvater does a great  job with the humor. I love the banter between the boys and Blue. It keeps the seriousness of the book lighter.

One of the things that I didn't like about this book is that some of the details were a bit overwhelming. Mostly, when it came to Adam. Sometimes I found myself kind of tuned out. I mean there's a lot of different things going on in this book. We have some added characters too. So sometimes when Adam was going off into his head, it would feel like an information overload.


I really enjoyed this book and that ending!! I can't wait for the next book. I was sure this was the last book. I usually try to wait until all the books are out before I start reading a series. It's a new thing, that will make it easier. I hope. I'm not sure how many more books will be in this series. I'll have to look into that.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment