Thursday, January 29, 2015

Ensnared by @A. G. Howard

 
 
I have been waiting for this book for what feels like years! I LOVE what A.G. Howard does with this spin on Alice in Wonderland. The details and creatures that come to life in this whole series are pretty amazing.
 
This is the last book in the series. I usually get nervous for the last book of any series because it's either a hit or miss. It can dampen the whole series. I am so glad this book did not disappoint. It was really amazing. I love the way that Alyssa went a bit mad and did what she had to do to for everyone but herself. Her love is just so powerful and amazing to see. There is a love triangle in this series and I usually have a clear front runner of who I want her to end up with. Throughout the first two books I was pulling for Morpheus. This last book had me completely torn on who I wanted her to end up with. I really was worried on how it would end. I'm actually pretty happy with the end results. Thinking about it makes it seem completely perfect for the series.
 
The writing in this book is fantastic! I love how fast paced it is and how I get sucked in this world. I picked up the book and decided to read for an hour and ended up reading for 3 hours and didn't even realize it. A.G. Howard does tremendous job bringing her world to life. She's bringing in all these different characters and is able to give details in a few words, that have you picturing them clearly. The story is just hauntingly beautiful. I might have used that before. There are some creepy insects and creatures that she describes but makes it sound beautiful.
 
The character growth is great in this book. Alyssa, Jeb and Morpheus are just completely different and changed from book one to book three. They grow up and become more powerful, self-sacrificing, and have so much more depth. I am really amazed by Morpheus. He really had the most growth throughout the series.
 
I'm really happy with this ending and I LOVE this series. I'm so glad that I picked up the first book. The covers to all of these books are just as beautiful as the writing inside. So in this one instance, I'm glad that I judged a book by it's cover. ;) I would highly recommend this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment