Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Body Electric- Beth Revis @BethRevis


 

 
 
I want to thank Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book.

I started this yesterday and finished today. I could not put this down. I LOVE the fact that this is a stand alone book. It's so refreshing! It seems like almost every YA book has a trilogy or more attached to it. This book was great! It was fast paced and so interesting, that I couldn't put it out of my mind. I hated going to work because I just wanted to know what was going on! To me, that's a great book. When I can't concentrate on anything else but the book.

I read the Across the Universe series and liked it. I thought it was just okay. This book was so much better then that whole series. Beth Revis did a great job with the characters and plot of this book. I mean the storyline itself is unique. She makes the world seem like it's real and you know exactly what she's talking about. It was just so vivid. Ella and Jack are such strong characters. You can feel the way that Ella feels about her fathers loss and how deeply she feels it. The same way about Jack and his feelings for her.This book is definitely more of a sci-fi than anything else. I usually have a hard time with those and I did not have this problem.


This book was fast paced and it never got boring for me. Something was always happening and there was always another twist or turn. There's definitely a romance but it's really not the focus of this story. It's more of a background story and that's also refreshing. Don't get me wrong, I love a romance, but sometimes a book can become just the romance.

One of the downfalls for me was the ending. It was just abrupt. I was about 15 pages out and thinking, how in the world is she going to end this?! I just happened really fast and I would have liked a little more. The ending made me feel like I was missing something.


Overall, I really enjoyed this! I wasn't sure that I would read this because I didn't love her previous series. I'm glad that I did. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment