Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Blue Ribbon Canning- Linda J. Amendt

 
 
 
I want to thank Netgalley and The Taunton Press, Inc. for providing me with a copy of this book for review.
 
I remember always hating the summer when we had to do some canning. I have a big family and my dad was obsessed with having a huge garden. So when we canned, it was a lot and long hours. I hated doing it but then again, I was a teen. What teen wants to spend a Saturday canning tomatoes, pickles and so much more. Now, I appreciate it and want to start doing some of my own.
 
This book is great! It has so many helpful hints about beginning to end. All the equipment needed and how to use them. There's great recipes and so many pictures. I love the basket weave carrots! Can't wait to try that one myself. I will be using a lot of these recipes. I also can't wait to use some of the new techniques that I have learned. Can't wait for summer!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment