Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Job by Janet Evanovich & Lee Goldberg

 
 
 
I want to thank Netgally and the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book for review. I started this book this morning and it finished it pretty fast. It's an easy, light and fun read.
 
I am a fan of Evanovich and I really like this series. I think that O'Hare and Fox are fun and entertaining. The plot and dialogue keep you interested and make you keep turning the pages. The humor is just put in places that doesn't make it seem forced.
 
This books takes place mostly on a ship. It starts off with a series of heists over the a three countries in less than a week. The catch is that the person doing this is impersonating Fox. So of course, the FBI think that they he has backed out on their deal. All but Kate believe this. She has pretty much figured out Fox for herself. Turns out it's someone who is trying to get a hold of Fox. So starts the rest of the plot.
 
They are trying to take down a very sadistic drug/crime lord that has changed his appearance. They way that Fox gets him to come out of hiding is pretty smart. I love all the characters that make up the Fox and O'Hare team too. Kate's dad is a badass at his age. I love the chemistry between Fox and Kate. They are fun and witty to one another but you can feel that they are falling head over heels in love with each other. I also think that Kate and Nick are rubbing off on each other. She is starting to see things in more of a gray area. It's such a change since the first book when she was so black and white.
 
I am liking this series more and more with each book. If you are looking for a quick fun read, this is a good series for that. I can't wait to see what will happen in the next book! I also can't wait for Fox and Kate to finally tell each other how they really feel :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment