Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The Crown by @Kiera_Cass

 
 

 
 
I really want to give this 2 stars but I thought I would be generous because I liked the original books so much. This book was just such a disappointment. The Heir wasn’t too bad and I figured that maybe this one would be better. Nope, it was worse. The biggest problem I have with this book is that it is SO unrealistic. There’s several things that make it so.
For example, there is no way in heck that Maxon would give up his crown and make her daughter queen, to be with his wife. I get she’s a bit sickly now but his DUTY is to be a KING. He’s still of sound mind and there’s no way, after 20 years, he’s going to give up and put his daughter that has no experience on the throne. Secondly, how in the world did she just decide to change the whole entire way the country is run on a whim? Oh, I’m on an emotional high because my “all the sudden” love of my life, loves me back. Let’s get rid of everything that the people are happy about with a snap of my fingers.  It’s just not realistic.
The worst thing to me was the love story or lack thereof. I get that her and Erik had some moments but they never really had much of a way to REALLY fall in love. It just doesn’t happen like that. Cass did not give us a love story and something for us to root for. It was just out of the blue, “Oh, I love him.” It felt forced and I just couldn’t buy it. I found myself really rolling my eyes throughout this book. It’s so sad because I did like the original story. 
Maybe I have just grown as a reader, not sure.
 The writing in this book just really fell flat for me. Not only was it a short book to really end the duology, it was really rushed. I kind of felt like Cass was tired of the series or something. The ending just wrapped up so quickly. She proposes to her “love” and makes a huge change in the country and it’s all happy ever after, in a few pages.
I’m just was expecting so much more. Definitely more of a romance, like Maxon and America’s story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment