Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Art of Racing in the Rain- Garth Stein

Time to read: 2 days

   I would have to say this book was definitely interesting. A book about the point of view of a dog? I was skeptical as well. I wasn't sure how I was going to like this book or what exactly it would be about. I'm surprised to say there was an actual plot about the dog and his family.
   Most of this book is about him telling his life from the beginning to the present. He's about to die and starts to remember about the beginning of his life and then tells the story about how his owner and the family that comes later. I will say a lot of this book is sad quite a lot. Pretty much a struggle for this family through the book.
   I'm still unsure how I really feel about this book. It was interesting and boring at some parts. This particular dog was obsessed with race car racing and there was a lot of info about different racers and races, which became boring at some parts. It did make me wonder though, if animals can really understand everything and just aren't able to talk.. They say if walls could talk, but what about if animals could talk? LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment