Monday, October 1, 2012

Death Comes to Pemberley- P.D. James

Time to read: 4 days

     I haven't really read any of the descriptions for the books on my list. So when I borrowed this book from the library, I was kind of excited that it took place as a sequel to Pride & Prejudice. I LOVE Pride and Prejudice. Then I read the book and I have to say, I was pretty disappointed!
    This book takes place 5 years after Pride & Prejudice. So the beginning was nice because it had a re-cap of the weddings and the kids they all had and where everyone was in life now. Then it quickly changed into the plot of the book. This book was a murder mystery that took place at Pemberley. This is the home of Elizabeth and Darcy. It quickly became pretty boring. Even though, I was a surprised with the ending, I just found myself wishing it was over. I was kind of confused with some aspects and I feel the author added too many different stories and plot points that really had no business. I get that the author was trying to keep the ending a surprise and who really did the killing, it was a little over-kill on all the "evidence." Then the ending wrapped up really quickly that made it pretty cliche. I didn't care for this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment