Thursday, September 5, 2013

Across the Universe, A million Suns, Shades of Earth, As They Slip Away- Beth Revis

I usually write about each book but for this series, I'm going to just chunk it all together. Here's a snippet from Goodreads about the first book: Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming


They describe the book really well. I wasn't quite hooked after reading the first book. I was so anxious to learn about who was really the good guy/bad guy and how long they have actually been on this ship. I just wanted to solve the mystery! I think that's basically the reason I really was reading this series and not giving up. I just can't let things be unsolved! Throughout the first and second book it's just about finding the answers and figuring out who is actually telling the truth. In the second book you are really more on a scavenger hunt that was left by one of the characters from the first book. The third book is where it kind of lost me. I think the answers to all your questions are a bit far-fetched. It was like the author just decided to really get crazy with where this story was going. I didn't really care for the ending at all. It seemed too much of a "happily ever after" that really didn't make too much sense to me. It kind of seemed like it was rushed and needed to be finished quickly so it was all just too easily fixed or something. I'm not sure how to describe it. Overall, I'm glad I read it because that book has been sitting on my shelf forever (The first book). I am also glad that I did not purchase the rest of the series. It's a series I will likely forget soon by something better that comes along. There was so much rave about this series and I'm kind of confused on why.

No comments:

Post a Comment