Thursday, September 5, 2013

What Really Happened in Peru (novella)- Cassandra Clare

AHHH!!! You have to be kidding me! I LOVE her work. The Mortal Instruments is my favorite series and I am just completely disappointed by this novella! I'm so glad I didn't pay the 3 dollars for it, which is a ridiculous price for a novella!

Magnus Bane is my favorite character from these books. He's the unsung hero and pretty much the snarkiest person you'd ever meet. He's hilarious and so caring but hides it all under this tough, bad-ass persona. So naturally, when I found out she was doing some short stories about him, to learn more about him, I was stoked. Then I read the first one... and I am in no hurry to read anymore. I'm so sad. I feel like at the moment she's fishing! She has an amazing series and pre-quell. She's planning on a post-series, which I'm really afraid of. There's only so much you can write about in this world before it starts to become boring and forced. Her first novella of Bane is exactly what I mean. I just felt like it was really a rushed thing and kind of boring. It was a weird side of Bane that I didn't care too much for. I felt like she was trying to hard. Ughh... To say I'm disappointed is pretty much an understatement. I will probably by it when it all comes out in one book, instead of paying 3 dollars for each little piece. Then hopefully she will have come back with the other stories. I HOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment