Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fated, Echo & Mystic- Alyson Noel

  Fated
 I have to say, I let the book of this cover draw me in. Wait, I also like the author so it's not the only thing! It's been a long time since the Immortal series but I'm pretty sure I liked it. When I saw that she had a new series out and the covers were so awesome, why not?
   Well... I've read the first book and even though it's a fast read, it fell short. I'm a little more intrigued with how it ended, so I will be reading the next two books. I own the second book, so I kind of have to. For some reason, I felt like the book just dragged. I think there was too much detail on some things that weren't necessary yet. The first book was basically her finding out who she is and what her bloodline is. That's pretty much most of the book until you get to the last 20 pages. I'm not sure if it's 20 pages but it seemed like the book was almost over before anything happened. There's a few things that happen at the very end that make you wonder what is going on, which is why I will be reading the next book. I'm not that excited about it though. I'm just hoping it's not at all like the first book and there's more of a character development (all of them) and some kind of fascinating plot line.

Echo
  Well I'm glad to say that the story got better. The second book was much better than the first, In my opinion. Finally there were things actually happening instead of the lead character just learning about her past and training. You finally get to see more characters come out of their shells and surprise you. I definitely got through this book a lot faster and I'm glad the finally gripped me. It's just such a pretty cover-haha! Anyways, I really like the main girl in this story because I feel like she is what you want in a heroine. She is strong and makes decisions on her own. She doesn't really rely on anyone to help her, even though they do try. I usually don't like when the main character is weak and dumb. For example, like Sookie from the True Blood show. That girl just gets on my nerves and she's the weakest lead character when she even has supernatural power! Anyways, back to the book..   it was much better and I liked where they went with the story. The ending was so crazy, I jumped right into the next book!!


Mystic
   I have to say, I wasn't quite sure where the story was going to go when I started reading this. I got a little bit confused and worried it was going to go someplace else. After the first 2 chapters, I could breathe easy again. I definitely thought the author was going to make this girl into another supernatural being, which would have been totally weird. I really enjoyed this book as well. I liked how a few more characters were brought in and it wasn't weird or awkward to the story. I do have to say, some of the things going on throughout this series is a little far-fetched and weird. I'm surprised I actually like it. I do like her previous series over this one though. I mean it's good and I like them but they aren't great. I will be reading the last book that comes out at the end of this year because I have to know how it ends now. So far I have given this series 3/5 stars on goodreads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment