Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Hobbit- J.R.R. Tolkien

My husband. + Legalos. That's it.

I really do owe a lot of amazing books to him. He tried to get me to read The Hunger Games way before it's blow up and I denied him. After they decided to make a movie, it was on a cover of Entertainment Weekly and decided to read them. Loved them. I heard a told you so. The Mortal Instruments is by far my favorite series Ever. He also, tried to get me to read them and I said no. I was at a Barnes and Noble holiday sale and they had the first 4 books for 5 bucks each. I thought I'd give them a go and I absolutely loved them. Yet again, another I told you so.
         Now my husband loves the Hobbit and the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy. He's tried to get me to read them and there was no way. My father loved the LOTR trilogy and I spent countless times getting up and leaving the living room when they were on TV. I never got it, except seeing Orlando Bloom as Legalos. I loved him from afar and never thought to watch the movies to get more Legalos time. I even had a poster and thought the blonde was just so him. Well... fast forward to June 2013. My husband didn't see the Hobbit in December because there were a lot of mixed reviews. I brought it home from the library and that's when he watched it, while I was at work. Then I was on IMDB and they had a new trailer for the new Hobbit that comes out Dec. 13. My husband was like, "Wait, I want to see that!" So we watched it and what do you know... there is Legalos! So THEN I was like okay, I'll give this a try. So I read the Hobbit and really enjoyed it! What a surprise! haha. So then I brought home The Hobbit and watched it with my husband and that weekend we spent 9 hours watching the LOTR trilogy! I can't believe what I was missing! It only took a little over a decade haha. Even though, I should give the credit to my husband... I feel that it really goes to Legalos. He's what really got me to finally jump in!

     Anyways, about the book. I have to say, it was a very fast read. It was also very enjoyable. There's a lot of different things to happen to Bilbo on this adventure. I loved all the different types of characters. I do have to say that the book is better than the movie, who knew?! LOL I have to agree with my husband about The Hobbit feels like it's toward a younger audience while the LOTR is to a more mature audience. The Hobbit feels at times like it's tended for a younger audience in the style of writing. It's a lot "lighter" than the LOTR, which feels a lot "darker," if that makes any sense. All in all, I enjoyed it and I'm glad that I finally gave it a chance! I now can't wait for the next movie, even know I know it will not be as good as the book. How they made such a small book into 3 movies, I'll never know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment