Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Man Up! Tales of my Delusional Self- Confidence- Ross Mathews

   I'm not sure about these kinds of books anymore. I usually get so excited to read books written by people who I find just so funny! For example: Ellen DeGeneres, Tina Fey, Chelsea Handler, Mindy Kaling.. So far it hasn't been working for me. I have been disappointed more than anything.

   I love Ross Mathews. He's hilarious and I just love how he owns himself and doesn't care what other people think. I was excited for this book because I figured he was going to knock it out of the park! Well... It fell flat for me. I did laugh at some points but I thought it he kind of was all over the place. He had A LOT more detail to a story than needed. It was like he would think  of other stories while he was talking about one story and be like, I want to add that too. It just didn't relate to the current story and it became too much. This trend happened a lot. I'd be reading about something happening to him during lunch and then he would add another two stories into this one tale. It just became a little unorganized and a lot of the times I felt like he was trying way to hard to be funny. I think I'm going to stay away from these types of books from now on...

No comments:

Post a Comment