Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Goal is 175

   This year my goal is 175 books. Last year it was 100 and I made it to 102. I'm at 110 so far. I have no doubt I'll be able to hit my goal. I think the reason was the first 4 months I didn't have a job and I just read all the time because I'm in a new city with no friends. HAH.
     Anyways, I now have a job at a library and I think it's made it more difficult because I just want to read so many more books. I have tons of books going in and out every time I work and most of the time I take home more than I take back that day! I have this pile on my ottoman and it's just growing  at an insane speed. It's okay though, I have found many more authors and book that I just love than I would have otherwise.
     I'm so glad I found Goodreads.com last year. It's just an amazing website and I love how easy it keeps track of what I'm reading an how I can update the pages I'm on. I have been reading A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin since like November last year and it's been a work in progress. I have the book for 14 day intervals because I have to be on a hold list for the ebook from the library. I refuse to pay for the hardcover and it's difficult for me to read the hardcover because it's so big. So I will have to keep at the holds list for the ebook until the paperback comes out in October! All the while, goodreads has kept up with the pages I've stopped on between each time I've had the book. I also love the recommendations that I find on there. I also love how it keeps track of the books I want to read and the ones I'm own and so on. This kind of sounds like I'm being paid to promote them, which I'm definitely not. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment