Tuesday, July 2, 2013

While We Were Watching Downton Abbey- Wendy Wax

Time to read: 5 hours (three days)


I was browsing at Barnes and Noble when I saw this and decided I wanted to read it because I love Downton Abbey! Once I received it from the library, I was so excited! Well I didn't like this book as much as I thought I would.

   It's about 3 women who live in the same building and they are all at different stages in life. One is a writer who is taking a year off from working to write. Another who is a mom of two girls and recently divorced. The last is married but they are really rich. It is about how they all end up becoming friends through a weekly showing of Downton Abbey in the lobby of their apartment complex. Then they all end up helping each other out with certain difficulties going on in their lives. It's a sweet story and in a way too sweet. Sometimes when books end up with every single thing happening the perfect way and they all get their perfect happy ever after, I think BS. It started to get to the point that it was too much perfect. I don't know if that makes sense. Anyways, it was an okay book but not something I'd want to own because I'd never read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment