Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Lane at the End of the Ocean- Neil Gaiman

Time to read: 2 1/2 hours

    This is a really short book. I was surprised when I received it, how small it was! I ended up getting this recommended to me in my Entertainment Weekly magazine. I have to say, they have done pretty well with their recommendations. So far I'm 2/2.

  Anyways, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this book. I kind of just plunged into it without reading much about it. Since it was such a small book I figured it wouldn't take long and no big loss if I didn't like it. Well, the story kind of surprised me. It's about a man who goes back to his hometown and then remembers some events that happened when he was a little boy. It's a fantasy type story that becomes quite dark. I am impressed on how detailed the story is and how he kept it so short. I like that. There's nothing worse than an author who goes into too much depth to make a book that's 400+ pages long. All in all, I really liked this book. I gave it 4/5 stars on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment