Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars- John Green

  I tried to stay away from this book because sometimes I'm like that. I don't want to read everything everyone is reading. Yeah, it's weird. I got tired of so many people recommending it me that I finally just gave in. Actually, it was on sale as a nook book for 4 dollars, so I gave in. I have to say, I'm surprised about how much I actually liked it.
    I sat down Sunday an hour before dinner while my husband was playing playstation. I got through a lot of it pretty fast and was instantly hooked. I had a hard time putting it down to eat but my husband made me, haha. I ended up finishing it 2 hours after we ate. I think part of the reason I didn't want to read it is because I knew it was going to be sad. I mean it's about cancer and that's always sad. I used to read an author Lurlene Mcdaniels when I was younger and I loved her but ALL of her books are just so sad. Most of them about a terminal disease, a lot with cancer.
   Anyways, the main character really had a unusual way to look at her situation. She was pretty funny too. I think that's another things that keep you wanting more is because there's a lot of humor in this book. I caught myself actually laughing out loud a couple times. My husband wanting to know what was so funny. Yeah, like I'm going to explain chapters to you so you can get one little joke! :) This is a love story and it's going to break your heart. You are going to cry but it's so lovely at the same time. Even though these are kids it's really amazing to see how much strength, courage, and love they have. Especially, with all that's going on with them, their days being numbered or filled with such tragedy, they still find a way to live.
    Now, it seems that I will be jumping on the bandwagon and recommending this to everyone else. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment