Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Engagements- J. Courtney Sullivan

    For some reason this book was a little tough for me to get through. I feel like there was too much going on maybe. I was really excited about this book because it sounded so interesting but I didn't love it. It was just an okay book for me.
   Basically, it's the story of the lady who wrote for an AD agency, about diamonds and how "A diamond is forever" came about. Along with her story, it entwines 4 other stories along with it. These different stories start out at different points in time from the past to present. They all are at different points in life and somehow all these stories end up entwined with one diamond ring. There are five different parts to the book, each picking the story where the last part left off. Some of the detail became a bit too much. Some of the things I really didn't need to know about and made the book seem like it dragged on for a bit.
     All in all, the idea of the book had a lot of potential. It just ended up falling a bit short for me. I don't know if it was the writing style or just the actual plot. It was definitely interesting and some of the stories were a lot better than others. Some of the stories were just a bit boring. It's most likely the boring parts that made it hard for me to get through this book quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment