Sunday, August 17, 2014

Conversion- Katherine Howe


 

 
I was really excited to read this because it sounded so interesting. I was pretty disappointed. This book is has two different stories and Howe flips back and forth from both stories. I thought that they would come together in the end but they did not. It turns out like two different stories.

This is a story about a bunch of  modern day, girls who have this mysteries illness and have a bunch of bizarre symptoms. The alternating story, seventeenth-century colonial life, is about girls from the same town years before, with the same weird symptoms. There are two different ways this could have gone. Howe made it very blurry on how she was committing. You are unsure if it was all fake or if there was an evil element to it. She leaves it up to the reader to interpret the ending how they want.

I was half way through this book and I couldn't believe nothing really happened. I feel like there wasn't much of a plot and a lot of the book was just too much fluff. I felt bored at times and just couldn't wait to get it over with. The ending was just completely anticlimactic and I was felt very annoyed. I really don't have much to say. It was just an okay book but I felt like it was a waste of time. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment