Monday, August 4, 2014

Queen of Someday- Sherry D. Ficklin

 
 
 
Queen of Someday by Sherry D. Ficklin
 
The cover is just Gorgeous!! I got sucked in right away. When I saw this on netgalley, I requested it right away. I want to thank them and the publisher for providing me a copy of the ebook.

 You know how sometimes you get lucky enough to start a book and instantly get sucked in? That's exactly what happened with this. I knew right away, I was going to love this book. It actually reminded me of a really, REALLY watered down Game of Thrones. The characters had some similarities.

 From the moment you meet, Sophie, you just love her character. She's not your typical princess. She likes to hunt, can fight off thieves and basically save your life. Of course, she's being forced into something she doesn't want to save her family. She does have to beat out some competition. You just hope that she will meet Peter and fall in love. That's not exactly what happens. I knew there was going to be a love triangle but I was not expecting a love square(?). I can't really blame her. Peter was just awful. I couldn't stand him from the beginning and I really can't wait to see how this plays out.

The ending was just beautifully done! Wow, the deception was done by a master. Go Sophie! The tables surely have turned.

I wish there would have been more information on the backgrounds of the
countries and their Empires. We don't really get much of that or who is falling into what line. For example, how is Sophie a princess? Why is her family about to lose everything? Also, some back story on any of the other characters would have added so much more to this book. I wonder if the author will have more character development in the next book. I sure do hope so.

Something that really bugged me was that the copy I received was really bad. There was a lot of grammar and formatting errors. I had many black squares and random sentences on pages. It made it hard to read at times and really slowed down my flow. I'm sure this had more to do with the copy than the author, so I can't fault the book too much.

I can't wait to see where Ficklin takes Sophie's story. I'll be looking forward to the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment