Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Legend of th Blue Eyes- B. Kristin McMichael

17559041
 

 
I want to thank Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book. I had tried several times to win a copy through goodreads. When I saw this on Netgalley, I requested it and was excited to receive a copy. So Thank You!
 
First of all, that cover! It's beautiful. It drew me in right away. I know, it's horrible to judge a book by it's cover but it still happens.
 
Anyways, I liked this story but I had some trouble keeping up. All the different takes on vampires by authors is interesting enough but I was left a bit confused by this one. I don't think I ever got a clear stance on what this authors take is. All her questions are ignored and when she's being taught, it's all behind the scenes. You pretty much have to guess what is fake/real from the movies. They tell her but don't tell her. Confusing, right? So you kind of have to learn along the way by things that happen to her. I wish that the author would have gone into more detail. Not only with just the Dearg-duls but with the other creatures as well. I would like to know a little more about their differences and powers. I hope the second book will go into more details.  
 
This poor girl has lost her parents and is taken in by her parents close friends. She grows up not knowing anything about her life or what she really is. Then when she turns 16 it's a rush to get her to a safe place. She's turning into not one but two of the night creatures. She has no idea what is going on and kind of just goes along with it. I mean this girl questions things without really questioning things. She wonders all these questions in her head but when it comes to real life, she just goes along with whatever she is told. 
 
I really liked Devin's character. I can completely understand his love for her and his attachment. He's pretty much watched her grow up and been her guard for several years. The other boys.. I find that so hard to believe. These boys have met her once and then are suddenly in love with her, head over heels, kind of love. I just find that so hard to believe. It gets a bit annoying on how accepting they are of each other too. I mean she's practically all over one guy after just meeting him. What do her other two love birds do? Nothing! All is good and they understand they have to share. Okayy.
 
The storyline is actually quite interesting. Overall, the take on this world is really great but I just need a bit more clarity and some distinction between the different groups. I would also like to know more about the actual world as well. I think this book was really heavily based on the boy aspect. I'm very curious to see how it's all going to play out, and what's going to happen in Arianna's world, now that she's so powerful. I really want to know who the person is that betrayed them! That was definitely a great cliffhanger. I'm wondering what all this Legend entails too. I'm sure I'll learn a lot more about that in the second book!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment