Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Review: Suspicion- Alexandra Monir

 

I want to thank Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book. I saw this on a blog and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. It sounded so interesting and the cover is just gorgeous!

I started this book and finished it, in one night. It's a pretty fast read and the writing flows really well. After reading this, I saw that is based off another book. I've never read that book and no nothing about it. 

This book alternates between present and past. I really liked the dark element to this book. I honestly had no idea what was going on. I really liked the modern day, downton abbey setting. I love that kind of time period and love that it had that feel in this book.

I was really "suspicious" about the Mulgraves and how they were involved with Lucia's death. They acted so weird and indifferent to Imogen. I also couldn't wait to find out what was hiding in the maze! I also really liked all the characters that were in this book. There are a lot too. They all added different elements that brought the story together.

I really was surprised by that ending! I had no idea and I'm usually really good at figuring that out. I will say that Sebastian and Imogen... was predictable. The good thing for me though was that it wasn't all about the romance. This book was about the actual plot and things that were happening. It didn't just focus on the romance like a lot of YA books do. Don't get me wrong, I'm always rooting for a bit of romance, but this was refreshing.

Overall, this was a fun light read. There is some dark/mystery element to it as well that makes it all the more interesting. I really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment