Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children- Ransom Riggs

Time to read: 4 days

This book is definitely strange. There are a lot of pictures in it that are quite disturbing. I got through the first 2 chapters and became so freaked out i had to hide the book. When it comes to the photos, it kinda freaked me out. I refused to read it and told my husband that I was going to have to quit my challenge or switch out the book. I just couldn't make myself read it.
   He decided that he would read it and see how bad it really was. He got through it in two days and told me that I should read it because if not, i would feel guilty for not really completing my challenge, if i were to switch it out.
   So when he was home, I decided to give it a second go. This book turned out to be a little more interesting the further I got. I didn't quite like it as much as my husband did. There's a lot of strange photos and plot developments that were kind of strange.
    Even though, I'm glad I actually read it, I didn't like it. It was just too hard for me to get past all the creepiness that was in this book! I will say it is a really quick read and I'm sure there are many that would really enjoy it but this book was definitely not for me! That's totally okay though, I knew I wouldn't like all the books from this list. That was kind of the point, find new authors I like and ones that I know I don't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment