Thursday, July 24, 2014

After the End- Amy Plum

 
 
I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this series. Reading the premise, it sounded really interesting. Unfortunately, the book fell flat for me. It had a lot of potential but I felt it never picked up speed. It was pretty slow and I found myself being bored a lot. It is a pretty fast read.
 
I don't know why but I feel like a lot of this book took me nowhere. I think the most exciting and interesting part of the book was the last couple chapters. I get that they were on the run the whole book and trying to hide out but it was just so uneventful. I was getting a bit bored with all the magical stuff too.
 
The whole Yara and the reason that her clan is being chased, is interesting enough. I just kind of got bored with the repetitiveness of how she was trying to use it. I would have liked to know more about what is actually going on than how she tried to harness the power. Obviously, it's not what she thinks.
 
The romance that was so predictable felt forced. I didn't really get the chemistry between the characters and it was just so.. flat. I just didn't feel it and the way that the author described the moments felt so unnatural.
 
I don't know that I'll be picking up the next book. I'm sure that the next book will have more action and hopefully not be as boring but I don't know that it would matter. I just can't really jump on the relationship between these two. I don't like it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment