Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Truth About Alice- Jennifer Mathieu


 
I really tore through this book. I read it in less than 2 hours! Loved it.

Wow, I was not expecting such a little book to blow me away. This book is something that every teen/young adult should read. It's AMAZING, how one little lie can completely destroy a persons reputation. The bullying in this day and age is so horrible, I fear for my future children.
      This book is told in 4 different perspectives, they are the people who completely destroy Alice's life. I love the way the author tells you how the rumors come about and why each person did so. It's so heartbreaking to read. To think of all the petty reasons a person will start rumors or turn their back on their best friends.

    One of the quotes from the book, "There is one thing I've learned about people: they don't get mean and nasty overnight. It's not human nature. But if you give people enough time, eventually they'll do the most heartbreaking stuff in the world," I absolutely love.      Jennifer Mathieu takes the stereotypes and general issues in high school and shows how easily the truth can become distorted. You get to see the raw honesty, of the truth, underneath the lies. It really makes for a powerful read. I loved this book and is one that I would highly recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment