Saturday, July 26, 2014

An Abundance of Katherines- John Green

 
 
Wait. Is this a different author than TFIOS? Sure does seem like it. This was definitely not the same one who wrote TFIOS. This book was terrible. The only redeeming quality it had was that there was some humor. I did LOL at few times but that didn't make up for the horribleness of this book.

I don't think I could take another anagram. Sheesh! Colin was just a very annoying character. He was not likeable and it wasn't even for the fact that he just didn't have a personality. The fact that all he seemed to care about was being famous. For some reason, he was stuck on the notion that he had to be famous or his life was over. Are. You. Kidding. Me! He is just finishing high school and expects to be famous already?! You are a prodigy and not a genius. Wow, get over it. I don't how many times he had to mention the difference. Either way, he was set for life, get over yourself. He was a horrible friend and so self-centered. I'm so glad this book was short.

The whole Katherine thing was just plain weird. How in the world would he find 18 different Katherine's in his short life. Just not going to happen, sorry.

The footnotes were ridiculous! Having a hard time getting through this book? Let's add a ton of footnotes to just about every single page. Most of the footnotes were really excessive. Who cares! It took away from the story and I just couldn't skip them because I felt I wouldn't have read the whole book. Weird, I know. It's just an OCD thing.. I had to read them. What a waste of information and space.

I honestly felt like there was a whole different author writing this book. I did not enjoy it and I am kind of mad I wasted 3 hours reading this book! This was the one that sounded interesting out of his other books (besides TFIOS) so I know I won't be picking up the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment