Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Strange and Beautiful Ava Lavender- Leslye Walton

4.5 stars. I loved this book! The writing was amazing and the story itself was hauntingly beautiful. This isn't really a love story but a story about family and the hardships of love. The story starts off with Ava narrating but not just her story. It goes through backstory of the generations before her. It was actually pretty important to get the backstory to make the book more impactful. I was really surprised at how dark and intense this book is. There's a lot of things about this book that I would not allow my teen read, if I had one. There are a few things that were pretty descriptive and I was shocked it was in a teen book.

Overall though, I really couldn't put it down. It was so interesting and strange at the same time. I'll definitely be reading more by this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment