Thursday, July 10, 2014

Half Bad- Sally Green

This book starts off really strong. I was intrigued enough to not want to put it down. Unfortunately, it doesn't stay that way. The middle of this book was really hard to get through. It was a decent enough story but it was just so slow. I was waiting for something to actually happen in the plot. It was just too descriptive of things that didn't really need to be added to this story.
Throughout this book, Nathan, can't catch a break. I mean he's treated pretty horribly and you are just pulling for him. He goes through some really traumatic situations. Although, he's a witch, I was surprised about the lack of "witch" magic. I mean he is supposed to be feared and this really powerful witch but he has no self defense. There is really no use of magic throughout this whole book. There are few instances when other characters have 'gifts' but he really doesn't have any that can help him. I was expecting there to be more of a magical element to this story. I don't know if she is saving it for the next book or what.

When I FINALLY got to the end of this book.. I was like WHAT!?! I went through all that for this? Those pages of limited plot and character development for this! It was very anti-climatic and it was all wrapped up in a few pages. I was very disappointed. I'm not sure how likely I will be reading the next book in this series. I heard so much about this book and I was bummed that I didn't like it as much as others did.

No comments:

Post a Comment