Friday, July 11, 2014

Allegiant- Veronica Roth

I loved this! I give it a 4.5 stars! I loved this series immediately and it has not disappointed me. I have to say that I was worried about this last book. The last books in series have a tendency to not be good.
     Now, I've read some reviews and I know A LOT of people are angry about the ending. I on the other hand, believe that's what made this book fantastic. I don't know if it's my personality or what but if every book ending in a "Happy" ending then that would be boring! I know that Tris and Four are characters that you love but that makes what happens so much more impactful. I mean can you blame Tris? Wouldn't you do the exact same thing?
    For a character to be so complex and then when it comes down to it, the choice is simple when it comes to the people you love. One of my favorite things about reading a book is when it becomes unpredictable,
   I love what Veronica Roth did with this series. Now this might be my major talking (psychology) but I have noticed that more adults enjoyed the ending, than teens. Now, teens still have a lot of development to do and at that age, it's all about selfishness. It's the "me" and how I feel right now. So they don't really grasp the big picture. It makes them upset because it's not a happy ending and automatically hate the book. At least, that's what I have noticed. Working at a library is fun when you have so many people to get opinions from.
   Anyways, I'm totally in love with this series and I am completely happy how it ended. I can't wait for the movie. I'm sure it's not going to come close to the book but we will see.
Thank you, Veronica Roth, for an amazing world and ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment