Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Treatment- Suzanne Young

One of my favorite things about this book is that the author decided to end it in two books! I had no idea going in that it was the last and I was prepared for a cliffhanger until the next book. I mean it's so hard to find a young adult book these days that is not a series of 3 or more. It definitely was a nice surprise!! I got through this book quickly because I was really immersed in this story. I just couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. As most books there was a love triangle BUT throughout the book you just know who she is going to be with. She always knows that it's James. So really you don't have to be paranoid that she's going to choose the wrong guy or the one you don't want her with. It's pretty clear from the very beginning who she wants to be with.
I liked how fast paced this book was and the other characters that were introduced, especially Dallas. I was really glad that she made the choice for Dallas to find her own happiness. I was getting worried that she would go back to Realm. She deserved so much more and in reality, there's no way she should completely dismiss the fact that he is the reason she was in the Program at all.

I was a little surprise at how quickly she tied everything up, it was a little too fast. It's the reason I gave only 4 stars. It felt like many things were just glossed over and everything was all good. Sometimes I have a problem with that because I don't know if the author was tired or just out of ideas. Sometimes the mess needs a little more time to develop into a happy ending than a handful of pages. Overall though, it was a pretty good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment