Thursday, July 10, 2014

Archetype- M.D. Waters

So I didn't know anything about his book until it was in my hands at work. I started to read about it and thought it sounded interesting. I decided to bring it home and see if I ever got around to reading it. I actually just picked it up and then couldn't put it down.
I'm not much into a science fiction book when there is a lot of vocabulary and plot that's all about science and such. I wasn't sure how I would like this book because of the genre. I was surprised. It actually had a good plot and I was intrigued from the beginning. I just had to know what happened and why this girl couldn't remember anything. I thought that maybe she had her memories wiped and that's why she was getting bits and pieces of her past life. I got the step ford wives feeling from the very beginning. Her husband seems so sweet and willing to help but at the same time, what kind of husband would have something like this done to someone he cared about? It takes the word controlling to a whole new level.
In the end, I think that he really did love her. I'm not sure how I feel about there being a love triangle in every book I read these days. In this book, it's not really the main focus. I think the focus is what is going on with her and the science behind it. The last couple chapters really grab you. I couldn't believe what actually happened and then the back and forth was heart wrenching at the end. I am curious to see how this plays out in the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment