Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Husband's Secret- Liane Moriarty

This book made me think.

It starts out a little slow but then it picks up the pace around the middle and you can't stop. You just have to know what's going to happen. The three different stories intertwine throughout this book and
Liane Moriarty kept be guessing about what the husband's secret could be.
What I got from this book, was basically this: One decision, no matter how small, can impact lives forever. It really makes you think about all the decisions, even the little ones that seem unimportant, and how they can change your life forever.
The end of this book is what really got me. I couldn't believe the turn of events. They always say that God doesn't give you what you can't handle. I think the moment that Cecilia realizes she can handle her daughter's situation and why, made me realize this is true. Cecilia has the kind of life where she is in charge of everything. She can deal with it and when she realizes she can, It made me realize the truth behind that old saying. The epilogue was interesting because the author shows you about all the "what if" moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment