Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Body Book- Cameron Diaz

There is a lot of mixed reviews about this book. I had it come through one day and quickly glanced at what it was about. I became intrigued and decided to give it a shot. I mean who doesn't like Cameron Diaz? She has such a bubbly personality and it definitely came through the book. I know there are some people saying she has a "ghost writer." I mean duh, don't they all?
Anyways, there were a lot of interesting things in this book and a lot of things I definitely learned. Some books about health can be so factual and make it really boring and hard to read. I think what Cameron does is put a little of her own examples that make you really get what they are trying to say. I'm sure there are a few things that I'll definitely try to apply to my routine and daily life. I caught myself saying to my husband, "oh, this is cool.. listen..".
On the other hand, there are things in here that I will not be applying to my daily life. I'm sorry but eating healthy gets very expensive and time consuming. Some of the meals she was promoting would be hard, costly, and not something I could just find at my local Kroger. In the morning when I have to work, I do not have time to make a gourmet breakfast. There are also some times where she does sound a bit like a cheerleader and it can be a little off putting.

Overall, I liked this book and enjoyed learning some cool new stuff about my body that I didn't know before. I liked how her personality came through. This was definitely interesting and a pretty quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment