Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Book Thief- Markus Zusak

Wow! So unlike most people, I like to see the movie before I read the book. I'm so glad I did with this. Movies never come close to the book and I loved this movie. I loved the book even more. It was so intense and I couldn't put it down.

At first, I wasn't sold on the "death" narrator. When I got used to it, I actually liked it. It was definitely a different style.

I love the relationship between Liesel and her father. So sweet and it made the ending so much harder to take. At first, I wasn't sure about Rosa but it turns out they she actually does have a heart! It was so awesome to see and you get that a lot more through the book.

I was so nervous that the book had a completely different ending than the movie, in regards to Max. Whew! So glad it didn't or I don't think I would have been able to take it! They relationship between he and Liesel is really powerful.

Even thought, I knew exactly what was waiting for me at the end, I still cried. Ugh! So heart wrenching.

No comments:

Post a Comment