Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker- Jennifer Chiaverini

I had a hard time with this book. I usually enjoy a good historical fiction from time to time. I caught myself enjoying the little bit of dialogue from the president more than anything. The parts of actual history were described in a way that felt a summarization of a history text book. I felt like there really was no emotion from the main character, Elizabeth. When her son died it just skimmed over the whole thing like it was nothing. I didn't feel anything because she didn't really have much emotion. I guess I could say the writing was too "dry" for my liking. I also felt that Elizabeth never learned from her mistakes. She kept ignoring all her feelings and thoughts on how things should be handled. I did not enjoy this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment