Thursday, July 10, 2014

Inn at Rose Harbor- Debbie Macomber

This book was pretty corny and very predictable! I found myself rolling my eyes A LOT!

   I was surprised at how much I disliked this book. It had great reviews and I had to wait a long time to get it from the library because I was like number 40-something to request it on hold.

This book starts off with the tale of the lady who ends up buying this B&B and her story. She then has two different people stay at the inn at the same time. They come to town with "heavy burdens" because she can tell. (Eye Roll #1) It will alternate chapters between each of the three main characters, telling their stories and what happens to them. There is a girl, Abby, who was in a car accident when she was younger and killed her best friend (accident but she was driving). A guy, Josh, who was kicked out by his step-father a few months before graduation. They both don't want to come back but they girl's brother is getting married and the guy's step-father is dying. The girl runs into an old friend and it was just like old times, with 15 years spreading apart the last time they have seen each other (eye roll #2) To me, this would be at least a little bit awkward. Anyways, there's a lot of things that happen during her story that had me rolling my eyes.. Seriously, it was so cheesy it was lame. The same thing happens in the guys story because he has his next door neighbor helping him and they fall deeply in love after 3 days... (eye roll #163) There's a lot of people talking to them from the dead and so on..

I just was so surprised it was so lame. I was thinking I would like this book... but not the case. I don't know, maybe I'm just tainted by "real life" and how life does not tie up into a happily ever after in 3 days. I don't care who you are, life is not easy. Oh, I think by the end of the book I had about 500+ eye rolls...

No comments:

Post a Comment