Thursday, July 10, 2014

Alienated- Melissa Landers

I loved how fast paced this book was! It was an interesting take on Alien life forms and their interactions with humans. It's pretty crazy to think how strongly people react to things they don't understand. I think the author does a great job in showing the truth of how horrid and disgusting people can be towards others. It was pretty sad to see how she was actually shunned by her community because of superficial reasons. They didn't know anything about Aelyx and totally thought of him as a threat.
I loved to see how he was just a blank slate and by the end of the book he was so much more human. He has emotions and understands so much more about the human race. One of my favorite things about this book is the fact that it was a growing love. It wasn't a, instant look and they fall in love, type of love. They didn't really like each other in the beginning and just tolerated each other. By the end of the book they fall in love but you get to see it grow. You get to see why they do and it's not based solely on how attracted they are to each other. It was really refreshing to see from a teen book. A bit more realistic.
Overall, I really thought this was an interesting read and I can't wait to read the second book. I'm really fascinated by what the whole world of L'eihr will be like. Even though, it was a bit predictable, I still really enjoyed it. Also, I had a total geek moment when I realized the author
Melissa Landers lives like 15 MINUTES from me!! She lives in the heart of Cincinnati- Loveland! I couldn't believe it, so awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment