Thursday, July 10, 2014

Splintered- A.G. Howard

4.5 stars...I kept seeing this book pop up on my home page, so I decided to give it a shot. I was unsure about it being another Alice in Wonderland type book. I am not a fan of the actual movie, so I wasn't sure how this was going to go.
I was pleasantly surprised. First, I loved the cover. I know not to judge a book by its cover, but I couldn't help it! I also liked the purple font color, it was a nice change. This book was a lot darker than the actual story. I usually don't like books like that but I couldn't stop reading. The scenes in Wonderland are so twisted but the detail is so amazing. It blows my mind at how much imagination it took Howard to come with all these details. I could literally picture everything in my mind so clearly. I think that's one of the things I loved most about this book.
Right now, my favorite character is Morpheus. He is really dark and mysterious. He kept throwing me a curveball because one minute he was so trustworthy and the next minute he was making me angry! He definitely helps make this story come together. I'm not sure what's going to happen with him and Alyssa but right now, I'm just as confused as she is.
I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read
Unhinged! The cover is beautiful and hopefully the inside is just the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment